- Technical details
- Datasheets & manuals
Infrared camera optris PI 200 / 230
The infrared cameras optris PI 200 and PI 230 are both equipped with an innovative BI-SPECTRAL technology, allowing the combination and synchronous recording of real-time and thermographic videos and images. This feature makes them optimally suited for employment in conveyor belts or garbage bunkers. The IR camera can also be used in other areas of application, namely research and development, test stations, process automation, and for portable measurement tasks.
The IR camera offers a temperature range from -20°C up to 900°C in the standard version and can be optionally upgraded to 1,500°C. The frame rate of 128 Hz and the included optris PI Connect software ensure best-quality thermographic images. By request, the thermal imager is available in a standard or a thermal analysis package.
- Temperature range:
-20°C to 900°C
- Spectral range: 7.5 to 13 µm
- Frame rate: 128 Hz
Technical details of the optris PI 200 / PI 230
- Scope of supply:
USB camera with 1 lens and BI-SPECTRAL technology,
USB cable (1 m),
table tripod, focussing tool,
PIF cable incl. terminal block (1 m),
software package optris PI Connect,
- Detector: FPA, uncooled (25 µm x 25 µm)
- Optical resolution: 160 x 120 pixel
- Spectral range: 7.5 - 13 µm
- Temperature range (scalable via programming keys or software):
additional range: 200°C...1500°C (option)1)
- Frame rate: 128 Hz2)
6° x 5° FOV / f = 35,5 mm or
23° x 17° FOV / f = 10 mm or
41° x 31° FOV / f = 5,7 mm or
72° x 52° FOV / f = 3,3 mm
- Thermal sensitivity (NETD):
0.08 K with 23° x 17° FOV / F = 0,8
0.3 K with 6° x 5° FOV / F = 1,6
0.1 K with 41° x 31° FOV and 72° x 52° FOV / F = 1
- Option for visual camera:
Optical resolution: 640 x 480 Pixel, Frame rate: 32 Hz2)
Optics (FOV): 54° x 40° (PI 200), 30° x 23° (PI 230)
- Accuracy: ±2°C or ±2%
- PC interface: USB 2.0
- Process interface (PIF):
Standard PIF: 0-10 V input, digital input (max. 24V), 0-10 V output
Industrial PIF: 2x 0-10 V inputs, digital input (max. 24 V), 3x 0-10V outputs, 3x relay (0-30 V/ 400 mA), fail safe relay
- Ambient temperature (TAmb): 0°C...50°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C...70°C
- Relative humidity: 20 - 80%, non condensing
- Enclosure (size / rating): 45 mm x 45 mm x 62 mm / IP 67 (NEMA 4)
- Weight: 215 g, incl. lens
- Shock / vibration: 25G, IEC 68-2-29 / 2G, IEC 68-2-6
- Tripod mount: 1/4-20 UNC
- Power supply: USB powered
Part number: frame rate / optical resolution / optics
- OPTPI200: BI-SPECTRAL technology (IR+VIS), IR: 128 Hz max. / 160x120 Pixel; VIS: 32 Hz / 640x480 Pixel / 54°x40° FOV
- OPTPI230: BI-SPECTRAL technology (IR+VIS), IR: 128 Hz max. / 160x120 Pixel; VIS: 32 Hz / 640x480 Pixel / 30°x23° FOV
1) The additional measurement range is not available for 72° HFOV optics
2) The following options can be set: Option 1 (IR with 96 Hz at 160 x 120 px; VIS with 32 Hz at 640 x 480 px) Option 2 (IR with 128 Hz at 160 x 120 px; VIS with 32 Hz at 596 x 447 px)
3) For ideal combination of IR and VIS image, a 41° HFOV lens is recommended (optris PI 200). For the PI 230, a 23° HFOV lens is recommended.
Areas of application for the thermal imagers optris PI 200 and PI 230
The IR camera models optris PI 200 and PI 230 are employed in a variety of different branches:
- Automotive industry: thermographic images of exterior parts in pre-production runs help maintaining constant temperatures and thus reduce shortages in production.
- Plastics industry: temperature control with thermographic cameras is indispensable for ensuring the best quality of injection molding parts.
- Photovoltaic and semiconductor industries: the complete thermographic image of a solar module or an equipped circuit board quickly uncovers defects by means of so-called hotspot detection.
Due to the special BI-SPECTRAL technology, the thermographic images’ quality of IR cameras of this series can be improved substantially. It allows for a synchronous recording of thermographic and real-time images. This makes the optris PI 200 and PI 230 indispensable as combined temperature and safety control, especially in garbage bunkers or conveyor belts.
Thermography software optris PI Connect included
All IR cameras are delivered with the thermography software optris PI Connect, which has been developed specifically for the extensive documentation and analysis of thermal images. It allows you to analyse temperature data in real time as well as the remote control your your infrared camera. Furthermore you can setup individual alarm levels you need for your process and define visual or acustic alarm signals.
Our thermography software is licence free and can easily be adjusted to your requirements.