- Technical details
- Datasheets & manuals
IR thermometer optris CTlaser 4M for measurement of metals with low temperatures
The infrared thermometer optris CTlaser 4M with its wavelengths range of 2.2 – 6 μm is perfectly suited for measurements of metals, metal oxides, ceramics or materials with unknown or changing emissivity. It offers a temperature range between 0°C (32 °) and 500°C (932 °F) and can be employed in up to 85°C (185 °F) without additional cooling.
Due to its ultra-fast exposure time of 90 μs, the highly efficient IR thermometer allows the surveillance of high speed processes and is the ideal pyrometer for low temperature applications. Selectable outputs and various digital interfaces offer a high variability for the evaluation of the measured data.
- Temperature range:
0°C to 500°C (32°F to 932°F)
- Spectral range: 2.2 – 6 μm
- Response time: 300 µm
- Starting at $ 1.250
Technical Details of the optris CTlaser 4M
- Temperature range1) (scalable via software):'
0°C ... 500°C [32°F to 932°F] (4ML)
- Spectral range: 2.2 – 6 μm
- Optical resolution (90% energy):
- System accuracy2) (at Tamb= 23 ± 5°C)[73.4±
41°F]: ± (0.3% of reading + 2°C [1.8°F])
- Repeatability (at Tamb = 23 ± 5°C)[73.4±
41°F]: ± (0.1% of reading + 1°C [0.9 °F])
- Temperature resolution (NETD): 120 mK
- Exposure time (90% signal)3): 90 μs
- Emissivity / Gain (adjustable via programming keys or software): 0.100 - 1.100
- Transmissivity / Gain (adjustable via programming keys or software): 0.100 - 1.100
- Signal processing (parameter adjustable via programming keys or software, respectively):
peak hold, valley hold, average, extended hold function with threshold and hysteresis
- Environmental rating: IP 65 (NEMA-4)
- Ambient temperature:
sensing head: -20°C ... 70°C [–4°F ... 158°F](sensing head, 50°C [122°F] with laser ON)
electronics: -20°C ... 70°C [–4°F ... 158°F] (electronics)
- Storage temperature:
sensing head: -40°C ... 85°C [–40°F ... 185°F](sensing head)
electronics: -40°C ... 85°C [–40°F ... 185°F](electronics)
- Relative humidity: 10 - 95%, non condensing
- Vibration (sensor): IEC 60068-2-6 / -64
- Shock (sensor): IEC 60068-2-27 (25 G and 50 G)
sensing head: 600 g
electronics: 420 g
- Outputs / analog: 0/4 - 20 mA, 0-5/10 V, thermocouple K, alarm
- Output / alarm: 24 V / 50 mA (open collector)
- Relay (optional): 2 x 60 V DC/42 V ACeff; 0.4 A; optically isolated
- Outputs/ digital (optional):
Optional: RS232, RS485, Ethernet
- Output impedances:
mA max. 500 Ω (with 5 - 36 V DC)
mV min. 100 kΩ load impedance
thermocouple 20 Ω
- I/O Pins (3x): flexible programming as in- or output: external emissivity adjustment, ambient temperature
compensation, uncommitted value, trigger (reset of hold functions), alarm output (open collector 24 V/50 mA)
- Cable length: 3 m (standard), 8 m, 15 m
- Power supply: 8-36 V DC
- Current draw: max. 160 mA
- Laser 635 nm: 1mW, ON/OFF via electronic box or software
Part number: temperature range / spectral range / optics / response time
- OPTCTL4ML: 0-500°C [32 - 932°F] / 2.2 – 6 μm / 30:1 / 90 μs
1) Tobject > Tsensing head + 25°C
2) ε = 1, response time 1 s
2) with dynamic adaptation at low signal levels
Areas of application for the infrared thermometer optris CTlaser 4M
The IR thermometer optris CTlaser 4M is the ideal pyrometer to measure low temperature and high speed applications.
Temperature controls during welding, soldering, and forging-die forming processes do not pose a problem.
The spectral range of 2.2 - 6 µm makes it suitable for measurements of metals, metal oxides, ceramics or materials with unknown or changing emissivity.
Infrared software optris Compact Connect included
The temperature analysis software optris Compact Connect has been developed specifically for the extensive documentation and analysis of temperature measurement data of our stationary infrared thermometers. It is license-free and included in every pyrometer shipment.
Interested in additional info? Enter your contact details and we’ll forward additional information relevant to your application!