- Technical details
- Datasheets & manuals
Microscope optics for the inspection of assembled circuit boards
The new microscope optics for the optris Xi 400 infrared camera allows reliable temperature measurement on tiny objects from 240 µm.
In combination with a suitable stand, this enables professional measurement of printed circuit boards and components in the electronics industry. The measuring distance between camera and object is variable between 90 and 110 mm. The built-in motor focus allows for an easy focussing of the camera with the included PIX Connect software.
- Analysis of small components down to 240 µm
- Easy handling thanks to motor focus
- Recording of radiometric videos
- Optical resolution: 382x288 px
Technical details of the optris Xi 400 microscope optics
- Scope of supply:
Process imager Xi 400
USB cable (1 m)
Standard PIF cable (1 m) incl. terminal block
Mounting bracket with nut
Software package optris® PIX Connect
- Detector: FPA, uncooled (17 µm pitch)
- Optical resolution: 382 x 288 pixels
- Spectral range: 8 - 14 µm
- Temperature range (scalable via programming keys or software):
–20 °C ... 100 °C
0 °C ... 250 °C
(20) 150 °C ... 900 °C 1)
- Frame rate: 80 Hz / 27 Hz
- Microscope optics:
18° x 14° (f = 20 mm)
- Smallest measuring spot (FOV): 81 µm @ 90 mm
- Instantaneous Field of View (IFOV): 80 µm
- MFOV: 240 µm @ 90 mm
- Focus: Manual motor focus
- Distance-to-spot ratio: 390:1 (18° optics)
- Thermal sensitivity (NETD): 80 mK @ 27 Hz
- System accuracy (at ambient temperature 23 ± 5°C [73.4 ±41 °F]): ±2 °C or ±2 %, whichever is greater
- PC interface: USB 2.0 / optional USB to GigE (PoE) conversion
- Process interface (PIF):
0–10 V input, digital input (max. 24 V), 0–10 V output
2 x 0–10 V inputs, digital input (max. 24 V), 3 x 0–10 V outputs,
3 x relay (0–30 V / 400 mA), faile-safe relay
- Cable length (USB): 1 m (standard), 3 m, 5 m, 10 m, 20 m
- Ambient temperature (TAmb): 0 °C...50 °C
- Relative humidity: 10 - 95 %, non-condensing
- Enclosure (size / rating):Ø 36 mm x 100 mm (M30x1 thread) / IP 67 (NEMA 4)
- Weight (without mounting bracket): 216 - 220 g [7.62 - 7.8 oz] (depending on lens)
- Shock: IEC 60068-2-27 (25 G and 50 G)
• IEC 60068-2-6 (sinus shaped)
• IEC 60068-2-64 (broadband noise)
- Tripod mount: 1/4-20 UNC
- Power supply: USB powered
1) Accuracy statement effective from 150 °C
Areas of application for the optris Xi 400 Microscope optics
Circuit boards are a core part of electronic devices. They keep getting smaller while having to be more powerful at the same time. Temperatures of assembled circuit boards can easily be measured with the microscope optics of the optris® Xi 400 thermal imager, thus identifying overheated areas quickly and preventing possible defects.
The causes for excessive temperatures can be manifold: defective components, incorrectly dimensioned circuit paths or poorly soldered joints.
Thermography software optris PIX Connect included
All IR cameras are delivered with the thermography software optris PIX Connect, which has been developed specifically for the extensive documentation and analysis of thermal images. It allows you to analyse temperature data in real time as well as the remote control of your infrared camera. Furthermore, you can setup individual alarm levels for your process and define visual or acustic alarm signals.
Our thermography software is licence-free and can easily be adjusted to your requirements.
Interested in additional info? Enter your contact details and we’ll forward additional information relevant to your application!
We won’t send you more than 2 e-mails per year.