Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Optris was founded in 2003 and has since established itself as one of the leading innovative manufacturers of non-contact temperature measurement devices.
The product portfolio comprises stationary infrared thermometers and online infrared cameras as well as accompanying accessories and software for industrial applications and research and development.
“German engineering” – Thanks to an extensive know-how and innovative concepts, our experienced engineers and physicists continuously inspire new productdevelopments and outstanding solutions.
„Made in Germany“ – We are developing and producing in Germany to ensure the highest standard in quality as a key component of our company policy.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an Design Engineer (m/f/d) as soon as possible:
- Participation in the development of thermographic cameras, pyrometers, accessories and manufacturing devices by designing, testing and continuously improving optomechanical parts, assemblies and devices.
- Optimization of connection and assembly techniques between optics, detector and processing electronics
- Planning of the assembly and adjustment concept of the devices for production
- Documentation of the development work and preparation of manufacturing documents
- Maintenance of existing device series by replacing obsolete and using improved components
- Analysis of defective or insufficiently functioning assemblies and derivation of improved solutions
- Preparation of individual part and assembly drawings, taking into consideration the factory and DIN standards of the respective materials and components
- Be responsible for controlling precise adherence to specified dimensions, fits, machining marks, and tolerances on delivered parts
- Collaborate closely as part of a team with electronics and optics designers to implement all marketing requirements for new devices
- Constant coordination with purchasing department to design cost optimized parts and assemblies
- Completed education as a graduate engineer, bachelor or master of precision engineering, micromechanics, mechanical engineering or similar
- Practical experience in the development of mechanical functional groups with regard to cost-optimized, production-oriented and assembly-oriented design
- Knowledge of the usable manufacturing technologies (turning, milling, sheet metal processing, 3D printing, metal casting, plastic injection molding, joining technologies, etc.) and the materials to be used is desirable
- Confident handling of CAD software – preferably Solid Works
- Knowledge of relevant standards and test procedures for optomechanical assemblies and devices
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Craftsmanship skills are desirable for manufacturing prototype parts and setting up sample devices
- Innovative, internationally active, up-and-coming, owner-managed company
- Permanent employment in our company with appropriate remuneration and good prospects for the future
- Interesting, challenging and varied work
- Short lines of communication and a collegial environment
- Personal development & support opportunities (further education, training, various projects, etc.)
- Special benefits (performance bonus, company pension scheme, events, BVG allowance/company ticket)
Please send us your informative application documents with the subject “Design Engineer (m/f/d)”, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frau Karin Behrendt
Tel.: 030 33023383
published on 15.03.2023
This is Optris: Your Future Employer
As a medium-sized company, our employees are very important to us. The training of our employees plays an important role. We support student trainees, dissertation trainees and apprentices. We are very keen to support our employees in their continuing education.