Non-Contact Temperature Measurement
Non-contact temperature measurement enables the surface temperature of a body to be identified without physical contact between the measurement object and the temperature sensor. It is based on the optical analysis of the infrared radiation emitted by the measurement object. This radiation is focused through a lens onto a detector which translates it into an electrical signal. This can then be converted to an output size proportional to the object temperature by means of signal processing.
Advantages of Non-Contact Temperature Measurement
- Measurement of moving, hard-to-reach, or very hot objects
- Very short measurement and response times
- Non-reactive measurement; measurement object is not influenced
- Non-destructive measurement
- Longevity of measuring point; no wear and tear
- Option of measuring even at high voltages, electromagnetic fields or aggressive materials
Contact for Advice and Sales Worldwide
We offer comprehensive advice for your individual applications
Our experienced application engineers ensure competent and reliable customer service in the field. In addition, Optris works closely with numerous distribution partners worldwide.